July 30, 2010

Sno-Caps should be a food group

While on our whirlwind tour of Vegas/Southern California last week, Beth and I pretty much ate like no calories counted.  Because on vacation, they don't. 

That's right, I said it.

For example, after a few late Vegas nights, these suddenly became must-haves:

We hit up Carl's Jr., a fast food restaurant I frequented as a teenager:

And we stopped in at the most crowded, standing-room-only In-N-Out restaurant I have ever seen:

Sno-caps and hamburgers.  Diet of champions.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree! Most calories every consumed on vaca was in Spain - not my fault they have a fantastic bakery on every corner!

hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

That's what vacation is all about! I SO agree!

Tania said...

ha ha ha! so true about in-n-out. one eats while others hover over waiting for a seat.

Emily said...

Mmmm....Carl's Jr! I miss their guacamole bacon burger! Yummy! Does In-and-Out Burger still have the burger wrapped in lettuce leaves!? That was the big thing back when I lived in California in 2003!

Sounds like you have a great vacation!

hiyaluv said...

all of my favorites. i miss the west coast!
smiles,
gina

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

Sounds good to me. First meal after baby - big hug fat cheeseburger and fries consumed in less than 5 minutes.

Hope your trip was awesome.

Em {Emerging Em} said...

Calories definitely don't count on vacation! Is Carl's Jr. like a Hardees? It has the same logo...

Melissa said...

Oh that looks like In & Out... yummy!
Thanks for following me :)